My pregnancy with my first son was magnificent and nauseating. I lived off ginger ale and saltines for several months until a co-worker gifted me a book called, “Bless the Baby” by Melanie Waxman. Now my lovely sister is pregnant with her first child and suffering the same stomach issues.
Crackers themselves are hardly the breakfast of champions and a new mom should attempt to provide better nourishment to the new life developing inside of them. This is a terrific recipe for pregnant women and nursing moms to drink along with eating crackers.
Sweet Vegetable Tea adapted from “Bless the Baby”
- 4 cups spring water
- half an organic onion, finely sliced
- one organic carrot with tops, washed and finely sliced
- one cup organic cabbage, washed and shredded
- one cup of organic winter squash, seeded, washed and finely sliced *Substitute 1 extra carrot for winter squash if squash is unavailable.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add all vegetables and boil for approximately two minutes.
- Cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Remove vegetables and drink warm.
This warm beverage is not exclusively for pregnant women; It is great for anyone suffering from constipation or blood sugar issues. This is also a terrific cleansing tea. Enjoy!