Saturday was hot so I started the day with a $1.00 rapture beer at Jack’s Pizza & Wings. Then I took shelter in the air conditioning at the Alive EXPO. My friend, Britt N.E. and I had a great day. We had a massage, sipped some wine and got a makeover. Here are some of my favorite highlights:
- Conceived By Nature was a pleasant surprise. They are a line of natural shampoos and conditioners made by trusty old Mane & Tail. They gave out samples of their Lavender & Rosemary products. I can’t wait to try them. I loved mane and tail when I was a kid.
- Squattie Pottie. The idea is that women can go anywhere anytime with a pocket-sized potty. I’m not sure if I really need one but I was definitely amused and interested. (I have two little boys; the word potty is very funny to me.) I didn’t buy one but the price was right.
- Jennifer of Red Hair Girl Designs, introduced me to keynote speaker Kat James. She was a lovely person and has done a terrific job helping my friend achieve her goals.
- Aubrey Organics is a classic in the natural health world. I had a great time getting my make-up retouched and picked up a few samples to review on here. Bonus: I scored some Gaia Adrenal Health samples from Tina after the show. Yeah!
- Ron from Earthshine sales and marketing was showing seasonally appropriate Greenerways Organic Bug Spray. They have a USDA organic label on this product and I can’t wait to try it out. I’m always looking for safer ways to protect my kiddos.
I enjoyed failing the bean bag toss at the Organic Valley booth. I need to brush up on my lawn games this summer. But they gave me yo-yos for my boys and some awesome coupons despite my lack of skill. Of course, a natural products show must have yummy food and beverage samples. I scored samples of Larabars, Cascadian Farm Granola, Natalie’s Orange Juice & Naked Grape Wine to name just a few.
- Top 3. I loved Relax Wraps! Relax wraps are flax filled hot & cold therapy pillows. These were very relaxing but a little pricey for my taste. I know what flax seeds cost so I couldn’t justify the pricing. But they felt terrific. These wraps are the perfect safe alternative to heating pads and electric blankets for loosening tight muscles. And the weight of the flax applies pressure in all the perfect places. I definitely wanted to visit this booth again after receiving a harsh massage from a masseuse who was upset with her man. Lol.
- In my top 2, Rooibee Red Tea was a new name in the tea market to me and they had some terrific flavors. I particularly loved the cranberry pomegranate flavor and they are all organic. This flavor got a thumbs up from my friend Britt N. E. too. Organic and tea almost always get a thumbs up from me!
- My favorite booth goes to Esther’s Beauty Secrets. If this line can keep up with demand, I think they will go far. They were very clean. It didn’t irritate my extremely sensitive skin. And they work for all ethnic skin types. Plus the price was definitely right! I loved the scrubs and body oil. And I really want to give the natural deodorant a try. If I was a buyer, this is a product line I would definitely pick up. I plan to buy some soon.