I know the last thing the world needs is another non-original chili recipe but…
Recently, I tried to stretch a few pantry ingredients and made a sort of chili/salsa. It was light enough for the warmer weather. It ended up being delicious and satisfying. Very satisfying! We were all pleasantly full but not bloated. It gave us that cellular hum of digestive peace that you only get after eating light, nutritious and satisfying meals. So here it is. Enjoy!
- 14oz can of black beans, rinsed thoroughly
- 14oz can of pinto beans, rinsed thoroughly
- 6-8oz can of corn niblets, drained
- 14oz can of diced tomatoes, you can substitute sweet potato puree here
- 1 packet of low sodium chili seasoning, MSG free
- Bring all ingredients to a BOIL for 2-3 minutes. This essential to making gas free beans.
- Stir, bring pot to a low simmer and cover for at least 10 minutes. The longer the better!
- Serve over corn bread with just a dab of sour cream or cheddar cheese.
- Eat up!